Cash Application Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Workplace Type: Remote
The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely application of payments received to the A/R portfolio of open balances in client accounts. In addition, this position will work the Collections and Operations team to resolve any issues that may delay the posting of cash, inclusive of applying credits or researching remittances. This position supports internal and external correspondence through effective communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and post deposits received for all Advanced Group companies daily, including checks, wires, and ACH credit transfers.
- Store and maintain all necessary daily cash posting documentation in company shared drive or cloud solution, to maintain accurate customer payment account information.
- Work directly with internal A/R and Operations contacts to investigate unidentified cash receipts and any issues where additional support is needed, in order to post all incoming cash daily.
- Decipher and reconcile unapplied cash.
- Highlight discrepancies and/or concerns to appropriate teams, including management.
- Complete ad hoc report/analysis and other requests, as needed.
- Associate degree in accounting OR finance-related field is preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role with a proven track record of success.
- Working knowledge of cash application utilizing Great Plains and NetSuite software solutions is preferred.
- Above average knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of other MS Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills, detail orientation, and organization skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and sense of urgency.
- Above average problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel to a local Advanced Group office, as required.
- Functional Expertise: Demonstrates basic skills and knowledge relevant to the function. Perform a range of routine assignments under general supervision.
- Communication: Communicates openly with customers. Demonstrates active listening.
- Customer Experience: Has a good understanding of the services Finance provides. Responds to customer needs in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
- Data Reporting and Analysis: Understands data as a resource and its potential business applications for deriving value.
- Financial Management: Understands and adheres to the organization's financial policies, procedures, and standard processes.
- Managing Programs and Projects: Tasks are typically assigned by a supervisor and/or follow standard work procedures. Performs routine or scheduled maintenance.
- Process Excellence: Demonstrates awareness of key Finance processes. Complies with relevant processes and operating procedures.
Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Catena Solutions, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we’re dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group’s Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Advanced Group, our commitment to diversity and inclusion in every part of our organization is crucial to fulfilling our mission and demonstrating our REAL values. A diverse staff allows us to effectively draw on different perspectives and enhance our efficiency and effectiveness. Diversity thereby strengthens the legitimacy and relevance of Advanced Group in delivering services to our clients. We seek talented, creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures to work with us. It is our priority that our workplace be inclusive, welcoming of diverse ideas and appreciative of valuable experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Advanced Group’s practice not to discriminate against any Employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your Recruiter so that we can meet to discuss the appropriate alternatives available.